New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - quad g5, trying to install bluetooth card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

titwillow

titwillow is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: g5 quad 2.5ghz, ibook g4 1.33ghz, g4 867ghz

i've just bought a combined bluetooth and airport card for my quad g5, but can't figure out how or where to install it. i have the two antenna leads but can't help thinking i'm missing something. any help gratefully recieved!
(here are some pics . . )
inside the computer:

the card:

cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Follow the 4 RAM slots up and you'll see another slot that looks similar, but is much smaller and towards the left (in the image). That's where it is installed.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
titwillow

thanks surfwax, thats where i thought it would go - it looks like a standard airport slot, but if you look at the card i've been sold, (apple even checked against the serial no. of my machine to make sure), it's connection is way smaller?? guess i'll try calling apple tomorrow . . .
cheers
QUOTE Thanks
titwillow

just to say i've solved the issue . .
i also need a 'runway card' to use the wireless card they sold me saying thats all i needed,(it took them nearly 2 hours on the phone to find this out!!) more expense, and another ripple of apple discontent!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« burining error codes | Radeon 9200 compatibility »