New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - burining error codes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sebtom987

sebtom987 is on a distinguished road

i have an imac flat panel and it is not burning DVD's at first when i tried to burn a disc it was putting up the message

"The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported. (Error code 0x80020025)".

But not when i try to put a DVD-R in it doesnt even read it. it just spits the disc out with no error code. any help would be greatly apreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD

http://www.macfixitforums.com/php/pr...5408&type=post

Edit: I also just read that resetting the PRAM will work also...

"One solution involves inserting the CD, allowing the error message to pop up, then force quitting the Finder (either via the Apple menu "Force Quit" option, or by holding down the "option" and "control" keys in tandem, clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock and selecting "Relaunch"). After relaunching the Finder, some users report that the media shows up appropriately and can be successfully recorded.

Some readers experiencing this problem have noted that resetting PRAM and NVRAM via the following process "
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with iMac | quad g5, trying to install bluetooth card »