New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - PowerMac G5 weird video outputs??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ryankrameretc

ryankrameretc is on a distinguished road

I have a powermac G5... and I recently wanted to plug in a second display. I have one cinema display so I figured plugging another dvi in would be no problem, since it appears that I have two dvi ports on the back of my mac. But when I try to plug in the second one, it turns out the port on the back of my computer is something weird.... it looks a lot like a dvi port only is a little bit wider and the dvi wont fit in it. Does anyone have any idea what kind of port this is and where I can get an adapter?
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

maybe it is an adc ( apple dsplay connector) you can buy an adapter at the apple store

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
TheThirdMan

TheThirdMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz

Yeah. The basic graphics for some of the G5s was an fx5200, which has a DVi and ADC port on it.
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThirdMan View Post
Yeah. The basic graphics for some of the G5s was an fx5200, which has a DVi and ADC port on it.

Mine is a ATI 9600 and that has ADC + DVI.

I like it because it powers the Display saving me a mains socket (and with all the machinery I've got scattered about my "office" I need all the sockets I can get).

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about adding hard drive and optical drive to Mac Pro | DVD problems (Superdrive) »