New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Burning

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gerald

Gerald is on a distinguished road

First of all

my ifrst question is how do I

burn onto the dvd

and my second question is how do I copy from a dvd and burn onto a dvd
QUOTE Thanks
MrChris

MrChris is a jewel in the roughMrChris is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac | iPhone 4

Hello Gerald and welcome to the forums!

May I ask what Mac you own?

It's real simple to burn to a CD/DVD on a Mac. Here's how you do it:

1. Insert the blank CD/DVD.

2. A window will open informing you that blank media has been inserted, it will have some options such as 'open in finder, ignore...'

3. Click the 'open in finder' option and you will notice a finer window will pop up with your blank CD/DVD selected.

4. Simply drag the files you wish to burn into this folder.

5. When you are ready to burn click the black and yellow circle icon next to the CD icon, before you do this you can re-name the CD/DVD as you would a folder.

To burn from one CD/DVD to another you will need a program (I believe?).

One good one that I recommend is Toast by Roxio: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/to...overview2.html

Hope this is of some use to you.

Regards,

Chris :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
Rtas09

Rtas09 is an unknown at this point

actually theres a more easier way, insert a blank cd, create a new burn folder and put what u want to burn ito there, next just simply click burn and thats it..have fun
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Dragging the files directly to the cd or first making a burn folder - hardly makes a difference. Point is, you don't need any special program.

To copy movies onto a DVD, try iDVD (for Quicktime type movies) or Toast (see above) for all else.

To rip movie DVDs, try MacTheRipper (google it).

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Burning Problems | OS X on G3 iMac »