New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - I Hate Macs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ooblenoof

Ooblenoof is an unknown at this point

I have a MAC 10.3.9 OSX It crashes evey 10 minutes like every other MAC I have ever had. Any ideas what i can do on my own without spending lots of money to be told that it needs to be reformatted or that I need virus protection or that I shouldn't have baught a dumb MAC. None of those solutions ever work anyway. Now i have smacked the piece of garbage and everything on my monitore is in double vision. It felt SO good to hit it.
QUOTE Thanks
Ooblenoof

Ooblenoof is an unknown at this point

Don't hit your computer . . . it is your friend
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day Ooblenoof,

You have successfully conveyed to us that you are frustrated and angry in relation to your experiences with various Mac's in your life.

That's not enough for anyone here to help you unless you specify what Mac you have and exactly what symptoms your Mac has and what if anything you have done about it other than Smackdown your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooblenoof View Post
I have a MAC 10.3.9 OSX It crashes evey 10 minutes like every other MAC I have ever had. Any ideas what i can do on my own without spending lots of money to be told that it needs to be reformatted or that I need virus protection or that I shouldn't have baught a dumb MAC. None of those solutions ever work anyway. Now i have smacked the piece of garbage and everything on my monitore is in double vision. It felt SO good to hit it.
Virus protection is not going to solve this. Neither is reformatting. You may need to do a reinstall if you are experiencing Kernel Panics, but that won't really require any reformatting. Smacking it may have worsened whatever the issue was, hence the display problems now.

Anwway, to help narrow down what your problem is, a little more information is needed:

What applications were/are you running when it 'crashes'?
What exactly happens during a 'crash' for you?
What things have you installed, hardware/software recently?
Have you downloaded all the Software Updates available?
What are the machine's specs?

The answers to those questions and any other pertinent information you can think of would help us to better assist you with this. Just let us know and we will do our best.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

I would say check the ram. If the ram is bad it can mess the system up and make it incredibly unstable.

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Just FYI.. (and to poke a little fun at your anger).. it is Mac... Not MAC.

Info on the most common use of MAC

Info regarding Mac (as in Mac-forums)

To further inflame you... it is bought (as in purchased) not "baught"
and it is monitor.... not monitore.

And if it felt good to hit it once.. it surely should feel even better to hit it again.

QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Can't please all the people all the time...I guess.

Try this...

QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Your Mac probably hates you just as much.

The easiest way to fix your problems is to get rid of it and get a cheap Dell PC, I find hitting PC's far more satisfying than hitting any other computers and Dells the most satisfying of all.

Seriously though it sounds like you need to stick some decent RAM in it and reinstall the OS from scratch, make sure you get the latest firmware updates and in a few months stick Leopard on it, Panther is like so yesterday dude.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
And if it felt good to hit it once.. it surely should feel even better to hit it again.
Rep!!
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

with your forehead
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

What Mac do you have?
How does it crash? Freeze / apps quit / error message?
What were you doing?
What programs were open?
Does it crash if you just let it sit there once it's started?
What processes are running in Activity Monitor?
How much RAM do you have?
How much hard drive space have you used / is spare?
Have you scanned your HD with Disk Utility?
QUOTE Thanks
traded

traded will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro C2D 2.16

Quote:
Just FYI.. (and to poke a little fun at your anger).. it is Mac... Not MAC.

Info on the most common use of MAC

Info regarding Mac (as in Mac-forums)

To further inflame you... it is bought (as in purchased) not "baught"
and it is monitor.... not monitore.

My new person of the day! My vote for member of the month!!
-d
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjay View Post
with your forehead
and a railroad spike
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Go ahead and feed the trolls.

We can try help them, but if they don't act like they're interested in solving the problem themselves, why should we be.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Troll. I'd say so.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerMac G4's Video Card Fan | Does my Intel iMac support 802n???... »