New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - MIA Hard Drive Space

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lhaworld

lhaworld is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've got a G5 that had 130 GB of free space on it and last week I noticed it only had 82 GB free. There's nothing more ot less on it from previous weeks. Where did the space go? I also get the "running out of hard drive space, delete files" error message.

I have tried Disk Inventory X, Omni Disk Sweeper and Cache Out X. I can't find any large file that cold be hogging up the space. Can it be some invisible file or temp files?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day Ihaworld & welcome to Mac-Forums.

You didn't mention WhatSize (click for download link), so I thought I'd give it a mention.

I would consider investgating two locations. iMovie and iPhoto's Trash. Both apps have their own Trash and if not emptied once in a while, can become quite bloated. The reason they have their own Trash is that if you delete something but later want to reuse it - you can. You might edit a movie and trash the edits, then want that little bit of movie back again. The same goes for iPhoto.

So, check your Trash's
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Early G4 2000 Graphics card | iMac Freeze »