Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those scripts run on all OS X Macs. It has nothing to do with the processor. It is a part of the operating system itself.
    Besides, if you absolutely must sleep or shutdown, you can use something like MacJanitor or OnyX to run those scripts at your leisure.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Iowa, USA
    MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
    i shut mine down if i'm not going to use it for a day. i found by putting it to sleep affected the ram, slowed things down noticeably which corrected itself when i restarted. so i put it to sleep for that reason.

Devon, United Kingdom
    17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
    Personally I shut the machine down if I'm done using it. I know some electrical appliances that offer standby/sleep functions like televisions and computers will just be using unnecessary electricity. It seems a complete waste.

I don't know how bad a specific Mac would be in this regard, but I've developed a habit of powering down anything I'm not using just in case.

The only time I ever really sleep my Mac is if I'm making a quick trip down to the kitchen to put together a snack or running to the laundry room to empty the washing machine or tumble drier. That's assuming my Mac isn't in the middle of something. :)

Thread Information