New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - making wireless?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Alanna

Alanna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac

I have an iMac that I would like to make wireless. I believe it's a 2003 or 2004 and it does not have built in wireless technology. With my other Windows computers I use a USB wireless adapter. Are there special USB wireless adapters for macs? or do I need to install an 'AirPort card' ?

Thanks.
Alanna
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

you should be able to use a usb wireless apater. i think they should all work with mac but check !

hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks
bensone1

bensone1 is on a distinguished road

you could use a bluetooth adapter and then buy the bluetooth wireless kb and mighty mouse if you wanted to go down that route
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Bensone1, that is not the same wireless technology. I belive he wants to use wireless networking, not bluetooth.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Alanna

Alanna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac

Yes, wireless networking. I just purchased the AirPort card. I read the box again and did an on-line chat with an Apple representative, and have been informed I need the card.

Thanks,
Alanna
QUOTE Thanks
bensone1

bensone1 is on a distinguished road

my bad... was thinking of something else
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Password Problem | Mac Mini Cake »