New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Powermac G3 NOTHING WORKS!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mc14@mac.com

mc14@mac.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 1.6 GHz Powermac Yosemite, iMac G3, Macbook, and a bunch of antiques

OK, I have a powermac G3 that i got from someone about a year ago and about 8 months ago it stopped working, it just wouldn't even show anything but the folder icon we all know and hate(maybe you love it but i don't), so i put in a os x cd and held down c, nothing, so i restarted and tryed again, nothing, then i tryed holding down option, still nothing comes up, any button i hold down nothing happens. Im really wondering what is going on here ive tryed different hard drives os 9 cds everything i could think of PLEASE HELP ME!!thanks mc, oh yeah if you have aim you could tell me fast at mc14@mac.com.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day mc14 & welcome to Mac-Forums.

Try the tips found at this link.

Post back how it went.
QUOTE Thanks
mc14@mac.com

Mac Specs: iMac G5 1.6 GHz Powermac Yosemite, iMac G3, Macbook, and a bunch of antiques

Thanks, but i did try that already im kinda guessing from previous experiance that its the logic board, but im hoping its not because i love having this computer but its such a waste to have when it doesn't work. I do get video up but it doesn't do anything.
QUOTE Thanks
SpindleX

SpindleX is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB

Yeah, if you've done the resets, switch HD's, disc then the most likely culprit is the MLB.
QUOTE Thanks
mc14@mac.com

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I really want to be able to use this computer, or if anybody here in New Hampshire would like to buy it the way it is, its probably in the best condition of any of these out ther and it has the original screen and mouse, the keyboard no not even close thats orange but it works!1 Please help me Fix it!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 'Damage to the Volume Header Block' alert. | Freeze after Sleep »