iMac + Rear Projection HDTV, Will this work?
    I am considering buying an iMac within the next week. I know I am getting one, but I would love to be able to hook it up to my HDTV and use Front Row to view iTunes movies, tv, ect... I know I will need to purchase the mini DVI adaptor in order to make this work. My main question is, will that adaptor allow me to connect to what I believe is DVI-D (dual link). I am attaching a photo of the cable and the connection that my tv has. If I am mistaken on anything above, please correct me. Thanks in advance, can't wait to become a Mac user. I am so tired of Windows.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Should not be a problem connecting it to your TVwith the proper cables. You will probably have to do some resolution adjustment once connected.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

I'm doing what you are doing as well, my adapter is coming in a few days. I'll confirm if it is DVID-d dual, as I understand it is...

Cape Cod, MA
    it will work fine, but you need to make sure that you have an audio output cable from the computer to the tv as DVI does not carry audio.

Yeah, I have the audio taken care of. I run everything through my reciever, but I didn't want to dig through all the wires and pull the reciever out to get a picture of the DVI port on the back of it. I have plenty of open audio connections on it. I currently have the following hooked up. Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, DVD-R, and Dish Network DVR. Thanks for the input.

Thread Information