New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - Mac Mini connected to HDTV. Resolution problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ianmani

ianmani is on a distinguished road

I have a new dual core mac mini connected to a Samsung R73 40" LCD HDTV via a DVI-HDMI cable however the mac doesn't show the correct, native, resolution for the TV which is 1366 x 768.

If I buy a DVI detective from Gefen will this sort out my problem by providing the correct the EDID info to the Mac??

I have checked numerous Forums at this stage but have not had any luck finding any solution.

If anyone can help me with this or know of another solution I would greatly appreciate this.

thanks,
Ian
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/About.html
http://www.3dexpress.de/
QUOTE Thanks
Drag'nGT

Drag'nGT is on a distinguished road

I don't want to start yet another thread about this but I am trying to pick a new Mac and I need to know about the Mini on an HDTV... a 1080p actually. I would like to know some things:

> Since Jan '07, when this guy posted, has there been any changes to the Mini's resolution abilities?
> Does SwitchResX do a really good job getting the Mini to display higher resolutions and at what cost? What % of my computing power runs this program?
> No one around me can show me what this will look like. Can anyone comment and/or post pictures of how good this type of setup looks? How does it compare to the iMac's resolution?

I'm waiting on the October 'rumors' to sink or swim but these questions are the only thing holding up my final purchase.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mdd g4 replace logic and processor board now get i beep at start up | Graphics? »