20" iMac same as Macbook Pro?
    Would a 20" iMac 2.16ghz with 2G Ram & 256MB Graphics card run the same as the Macbook pro?

Apart from the obvious are these two machines the same? I am looking to upgrade to an iMac and want to play PC games on it too, people rave how ell the MAcbook pro runs games, so would an iMac spec'd the same as the macbook Pro do exactly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Bussta View Post
    Would a 20" iMac 2.16ghz with 2G Ram & 256MB Graphics card run the same as the Macbook pro?

Apart from the obvious are these two machines the same? I am looking to upgrade to an iMac and want to play PC games on it too, people rave how ell the MAcbook pro runs games, so would an iMac spec'd the same as the macbook Pro do exactly the same?
    I have a MBP (2.0 CD, 2GB, 256MB), and while it plays games pretty well (it runs Oblivion under Boot Camp at less than native resolution at playable speeds), it offers nowhere near the gaming performance of my year old PC desktop (AMD X2, 2GB, 7800GT).

I suspect the answer to your question is yes, the iMac will play games comparably to a MBP. Actually it will likely play them slightly better, as the memory speeds on the iMac video card are higher and the hard drive is usually faster.

I love my MBP, but it was either that or the iMac. I think I would've been happy with either, and would've been happy gaming on either.

Good luck,
    Chris

Cheers, Just wondered aas the specs are basically the same, already have an iBook, but want to upgrade for the bigger screen for photo retouching, the gaming is an added bonus as always wanted to play BF2 e.t.c and now the mac ddoes Bootcamp it's a blessing!

Specs:
    20" iMac
    Youtube has videos of people playing BF2 on MBPs. Most users usually post their specs as well.
    "...love..."
    [/URL][/CENTER]

Yea I know, thats why I was asking if a macbook pro would play it the same as a ibook spec'd the same?

Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    The graphics card is the Mobility Radeon. It's clocked slightly lower than the iMac's.

Thread Information