New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - No sound cards?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gav

Gav is on a distinguished road

I am the IT Manager for a new-ish recording company. All the staff have said that they want to use Logic Pro. I said that it was fine and we would get set up with some Mac Pros.

The trouble is, they seem to be very poor on the audio front. They seem to have very limited built in sound, and as far as I can see there are no sound cards that work with macs.

I wanted to use the X-FI Elite Pro on the systems, but it seems as though we won't be able to because they are not Mac compatiable?

Does anyone know of a decent audio solution for the Mac?

After all, I would much rather buy 5 Mac Pros than 5 Dells
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

try here: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/audio/
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I use Logic Express on a Macbook. The internal audio is pretty good, it's really the quality of the interface that's the key.

Anyway, if you look at any of the pro audio mags, there are advertisements for Macs targetted at audio pros, which usually have the additional interface ports.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Gav

Gav is on a distinguished road

Thanks. No more help is needed, I just called up an old contact who is now really high up in EMI (Which to be honest I was gob smacked about ) and he has given me the low down.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Thanks. No more help is needed, I just called up an old contact who is now really high up in EMI (Which to be honest I was gob smacked about ) and he has given me the low down.
Mind sharing? (For the benefit of others who might have similar questions.)
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

please do share that u did as im looking at audio options for my mac pro
QUOTE Thanks
Cam

Cam is an unknown at this point

digidesign or m-audio anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

ive just ordered an m-audio card. I was going to get an external creative labs one but creative no longer offer support for macs so decided to go with the m-audio
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sound Trouble | disappointment »