Thread: 1.5GHz G4????

1.5GHz G4????
    Specs:
    MBP 2.0Ghz
    1.5GHz G4????
    Ok I need a new DVD player, one that is HDMI, so I figure the mini is better.

So I decided to go second hand and find one, cheaper!

So not to far from me, a man is selling one for a reasonable price.

G4, 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 50,000

So I fugure ok, but they never made a 1.5 G4. This is a solo core right? I have e-mailed him but I checked on the apple site and nope. I am correct this is an intel core solo 1.5Ghz machine right?

1.5GHz G4????
    Specs:
    MacBook
    There were some 1.5 Ghz G4 Minis produced. This was a mistake made at the factory that made them. They weren't marked as such, they were sold in regular boxes, and Apple never officially announced or released the "upgrade". Still, Apple admitted to the fault and recognized that a small number of machines were sent out for distribution that way. Rather than do a recall or stop the shipments already sent out, they very quietly allowed them to be sold. If you actually received one, then it was total luck of the draw and there was no way of knowing ahead of time if the Mini you bought was an "upgraded" one or not.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

1.5GHz G4????
    Specs:
    MBP 2.0Ghz
    ok, thats is really bad. But I dont use any windows software so PPC is fine by me. Sneaky apple.

1.5GHz G4????

I have a Mini like that. It's not really a mistake, they just upgraded some of them, but didn't make it an official upgrade. It does say 1.42GHz on the bottom of the mini. The 1.5's also got more video ram, which was much needed. 64megs instead of 32.. Oh, and I think they got a higher speed HD too, 5400 instead of 4200rpm.. Really makes my mini a fully loaded beast considering it's got all the options available from apple, plus the freebies that weren't officially available.

1.5GHz G4????
    Specs:
    MBP 2.0Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by UnaClocker View Post
    I have a Mini like that. It's not really a mistake, they just upgraded some of them, but didn't make it an official upgrade. It does say 1.42GHz on the bottom of the mini. The 1.5's also got more video ram, which was much needed. 64megs instead of 32.. Oh, and I think they got a higher speed HD too, 5400 instead of 4200rpm.. Really makes my mini a fully loaded beast considering it's got all the options available from apple, plus the freebies that weren't officially available.
    I take it, it has shared graphics??

Thread Information