New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Newbie with EMac Power PC G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

First of all

HI!!

I hope I have posted in the correct area.....

Now that I have that over and done with, I am after some brief advice on my PC. As I already said it is a E MAc Power PC G4. Standard build spec I guess. Guess as this is my first Apple PC.....been on intel based PC's for years now. About this Mac tells me the folowing:
800 Mhz Power PC G4 (2.1)
384 MB SDram
Maxtor 40 Gig HDD
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Lite On CDRW / DVD read drive

Its in good condition and I have already attached a Logitech cordless laptop mouse.

Is it easy to upgrade and what would I do? I like to do it myself rather than pay someone else. I have built a few PC's over the years.

Excude the ignorance, but this a whole new world for me to play in......so far I like what I see. My only issue is that MAC's seem to be more expensive than other PC's.

Thanks and HI
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

The E-mac is not really an upgradeable computer, you are be able to put a dvd burner in there, and add more ram, new hard drive, but the processor and video card is stuck where it is at.

go to www.lowendmac.com to find out what you can add into that computer.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4, fan on, light on, but no chime, no monitor | Hard Drive Space Disappeared! »