New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - USB thumb drive shows up as blank cd?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dixon Deeper

Dixon Deeper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini

I have a Mac mini and a 1gb sandisk cruzer micro, and when I insert it into my usb hub, it shows up in the finder as a blank cd. It was also loaded with 900mb of photos taken in Italy, but these photos do not show up. The drive works as it should in a wintel machine. Pictures show up as well.

Am I missing something here?

**Resolved** You must use a utility from the Sandisk website, which is a U3 system removal .exe I had to download it and install it on my work pc, and plug in the the Cruzer and run the U3 system removal program. For those unfamiliar with U3 System, it basically lets you run programs off the Cruzer thumbdrive, so you can go from PC to PC with the drive and run your applications without installing them on multiple computers.
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

yeah it does that when i insert one it to my laptop i think its to install the software for it but then it shows up as a drive
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac question | Quad G5 not booting »