New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

How Often Does New iMacs Release?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

UsedSevendust

I'm wanting to buy an iMac, but I don't want to throw down the money if they're going to release a new one soon. How often does Apple release new iMacs? And would buying one right now be worth it? I'm currently a PC owner looking to convert..
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moved to correct forum...

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

There will ALWAYS be something new coming you could wait for. The best advice is to just by it when you need it. Otherwise you could be waiting forever

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ This isn't definitive but you can get a track record of upgrades. There is no real schedule for upgrades and especially since the switch to intel things have been changing at different rates then they used to

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Here is the breakdown so far.

iMac G5 (Ambient Light Sensor) announced in May 2005
iMac G5 (iSight) announced in October 2005
iMac (Intel) announced in January 2006
iMac (Mid 2006) announced in July 2006
iMac (Late 2006) with core 2 duo announced in September 2006
QUOTE Thanks
UsedSevendust

Ok, thanks, I have another quick question. If I buy my Mac from Circuit City, will my extended warranty be covered through Circuit City or Apple?
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedSevendust View Post
Ok, thanks, I have another quick question. If I buy my Mac from Circuit City, will my extended warranty be covered through Circuit City or Apple?
circuit city will sell two different warrantys.. apple care and whatever they call the circuit city warranty.. one thing, if you do go with the circuit city warranty make sure they have certified apple repair tech's. if not apple wont cover their work under your 1 year warranty apple offers on any apple computer. so basically if a tech opens your computer and they are not apple certified your 1 year apple warranty is void.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

I would avoid the circuit city warranty and go with Applecare. I haven't had to use applecare yet, thankfully, but when my toshiba laptop had some trouble, the circuit city warranty didn't help at all
QUOTE Thanks
Sachsr1

Sachsr1 has a spectacular aura about

I don't know if you're aware of Macworld coming up around the 8th of January. I am going to switch, but I have to wait till after X-mas anyways so I'm gonna wait until after Macworld. I'm not expecting anything major, but I
m still gonna wait.
QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

there are no new intel cpus out right now the only updates will be small increases in speed.

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks
Sachsr1

Sachsr1 has a spectacular aura about

I'm still holding on to the hopes of a small price decrease or rebate
QUOTE Thanks
samoan_ridah

From Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Imaging The HDD on A G3 Imac | powermac airport question »