New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Does anyone have any ideas?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

addicted2mac

My daughters imac Graphite G3 willnot start up. It is running OS 9.2.1 as well as OS 10.1.4. It was set to always start up in OS 10.1.4. Two days ago she restarts the imac and it attempts to start up in OS 9.2. It get's as far as the start up window and then a blank error message appears.

What I have done so far.
Ran Apple hardware test - everything passed
Ran Disk Warrior - All repairs were made.
Tried to do a software install (OS 9) receive blank error message. Just like start-up and will not let me install or even boot from OS 9 install cd
Tried with 10.0.4 cd and 10.1 cd and I receive a blank error message and can not install.
Tried with extensions off and still receive blank error message

any ideas? We donot care if she loses what ever is on the hard drive that she neglected to back up. We will do a fresh install if we can just get into the system some how.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Imac G3 Drive Change | OS not loading? »