New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac Intel due2core &install OS DVD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vidas666

I have bought iMac Intel due2core &install DVD in Russia, now i do live in Sweden permanently:doctor: , when i moved to Sweden i have forgot my install OS DVD-CD. Here in Sweden i have contacted Mac officials but they say that they can find my custom number on My Name. I don't know what i can do about that, my imac is down and Mac -service is really tough. I when to the store I've bought a Tiger 10.4.6 , after someone game a hint that i can boot it on new-intel type processor, in fact when on starting status when i push C key disk wont boot up i get only picture folder with question mark ? Seem to me that new intel processor wont boot that Tiger 10.4.6 -black box DVD even when it has Universal banderies.
Please would you give me a competent hint what i can do about it, is there anyway that i can boot another MacOsX install disk ???
Please I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that Mac alive soon! My Music Studio down with it too!!!!!!:doctor: :mad: :mad: :doctor:
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

With the install media in the drive you did reboot the system and hold down the c key will the system booted right?

I tend to hold the key down until I see something on the screen other than the gray start screen.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Why do you need it? What have you done to need a reinstall?
QUOTE Thanks
vidas666

iMacs' HD crashed permanently when the power line went off in whole house, at that moment iMac was fully rendering audio-video files. So i need it to get a new HD.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Nasty. You might not have the Intel version of OS X. You might be best looking on ebay.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intel Power Mac Kernel Panic | iMac ethernet active but not working... »