New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Questions about mods for Blueberry...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

InlineFive

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a 333Mhz Blueberry with OS 10.3. Currently I have a few hopes for it.

1. Is it possible to remove the integrated CRT and insert a 14" LCD?
2. Will a new hard drive and more memory speed up performance to a respectable degree? Currently it idles with about 2MB of memory free so I bet it's being slowed down by swapping so often.

Thanks!

I5
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

It should be possible to get an LCD to work with it but you will have to find out what the connections are. A google search for that may help. Found this link on accelerate your mac with a modded iMac to Cube.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/i....html#storytop

I have seen other nicer ones but don't know the links anymore.

The extra ram will help and the hard-drive will also, so long as the speed of the new drive is faster than the old one. If it's larger then the original 6-8-gig drive then you'll have to partition it if you want to install OSX which is also a good idea. Panther works the best on the 333's.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 stuck in target mode | Is it worth the extra money? iMac 24 upgrades. »