New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Software restore problem...cdrom not in devalias

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iuvfta

I bought an iMac G3 Indigo. The previous owner left the passwod logon intact. I went into NVRAM & did reset-nvram & then reset-all. Try to boot up with the restore CD with C-key depressed OR the command/option/shift/delete combin. The iMac went right to the HD boot. I then reset the PMU & redo the NVRAM reset. Same thing! I then went into NVRAM and did a devalias. cdrom is not in the list. Is it normal?? Then i typed "boot cdrom" . The iMac chewed out message too quik for me to see and ended with a screen with a big circle with a backward slask in it. How do I get the iMac to boot from the cdrom?? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
iuvfta

more info. I reboot with the option key depressed. Only the HD shown up!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mini as a server | I want an iMac! »