cheap gaming mac..?
    Specs:
    iMac Graphite 500MHz G3, 640 MB Ram
    cheap gaming mac..?
    Hey,

I am only young and don't have alot of money. My family Mac is old... I was thinking the best way to get a decent G4 for games. Would it be best to buy a relatively cheap tower and upgrade or buy a newer one or what..? Anyone got an idea on this?

Thanks.

StarManta
    Although that subject line seems like a glaring contradiction... I'd say a G4 tower would be your best bet.

cheap gaming mac..?
    Specs:
    Heh, yeah, me and my brother have like 450 MAX to spend... So I doubt I can realistically get one... But it's worth looking around places like this to get some professional opinions

WilliS
    as sad as this sounds, if your looking for dirt cheap gaming, you might wanna get a pc for more than 1 reason.

1) more games available for a pc
    2) cheaper to buy a low line pc and still get some good gaming out of it

im a gamer, ive always been a gamer... and in my dorm room i have: dual g5, ibook 600, and a 1ghz althon...the only reason i have a pc is just to play some games now and again....soon enough everything will be dual platform... and all will be good... but til then, look into a mid level Dell or something

if your into RPG games, you might want to check out blizzards new game world of warcraft... its not out yet, but its a very addicting and fun style of gaming....great for many many hours of fun. www.worldofwarcraft.com ...upon its release it will probably be the biggest game to ever hit mac.

good luck -- i cant wait to try world of warcraft...i hope they pick me to beta test it...not too many crazy gamers with college OC3 line and a dual G5 to test out the best of the best hehe

cheap gaming mac..?
    Specs:
    Man I refuse to get a Windows PC. I mean I want my Mac for other things (school work, internet, and my family may use it too..), but mainly gaming. So I definitely want a Mac. I always stick to my Mac and try to tell my friends how good it is, and if I get a Windows machine I will be ridiculed for a loooong time

Thanks for your advice though.

Oh, and I think RPGs are lame. Heh, I prefer strategy/action shooters. Not that it matters.

Thread Information