New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Trouble with my iMacs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KING ALIAS

Heres my problem:

I have 2 IMACS and a dell desktop. For the last couple of days my the internet on my IMACS have been runin mad slow. All the bars on my connection are filled on both of them but when i run safari it takes longer than normal for my pages to load. Like really long. My modem and router are running through my dell, I thought it may have been because i was downloading the full season of full metal alchemist . But after I stopped the download the IMACS were still running slow. Help me out people what could the problem be? Any ideas cause they are running like i have dial up and thats not cool.neye:
QUOTE Thanks
sluzniak

sluzniak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.

Is your dell running AS a router? the problem then could be that the dell has spyware or a virus that is using your bandwidth. If you have an external router, then try removing the dell from the network and see if there is any improvement. You could also try a speedtesting website like dslreports to check your broadband speed. If you are a frequent downloader using p2p and torrent sites your provider could have capped your connection speed. Most times this could be remedied by not mass downloading files, and let your traffic return to a normal level or contact your provider.
QUOTE Thanks
KING ALIAS

Thanks. I will give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie Widescreen Help | Can mac mini go through airport xray machines? »