New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - Please Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cameronryan

cameronryan can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBP

What is wrong with my MBP??? I need to pack and get out of China tomorrow and I can't eject a CD.

It has been 7 hrs now, I have tried everything, restart while holding down mose key, force quit, apple key + 'E' and of course the eject key.

I left the laptop on while I went out and when I came back it was still groaning and crunching but not spitting out the disk.

What on earth is wrong, I need to get this CD out, it's making horrible noises and I need use of the DVD burner before I leave this country.

Please help, I heard there was an emergency evacuation 3 key hold down proceedure for disks but I don't know what it is.
QUOTE Thanks
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronryan
What is wrong with my MBP??? I need to pack and get out of China tomorrow and I can't eject a CD.

It has been 7 hrs now, I have tried everything, restart while holding down mose key, force quit, apple key + 'E' and of course the eject key.

I left the laptop on while I went out and when I came back it was still groaning and crunching but not spitting out the disk.

What on earth is wrong, I need to get this CD out, it's making horrible noises and I need use of the DVD burner before I leave this country.

Please help, I heard there was an emergency evacuation 3 key hold down proceedure for disks but I don't know what it is.
If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects.

firmware eject will not work on intel macs
QUOTE Thanks
cameronryan

cameronryan can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBP

It doesn't, there should be one on all computers. I've switched it back on after a 1hr break and still same problem, cd icon doesn't even show.

I wish I'd known before buying this thing that copying ones cd collection to i-tunes was going to be a game of russian roulette.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronryan
It doesn't, there should be one on all computers. I've switched it back on after a 1hr break and still same problem, cd icon doesn't even show.

I wish I'd known before buying this thing that copying ones cd collection to i-tunes was going to be a game of russian roulette.
How about going to Disc Utility in Applications>Utilities and if the disc is in the left pane, then highlight it and hit the red eject button in the menu.
QUOTE Thanks
Quruli

To be honest even if it does come out I think the burner is going to work!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini vs Firefox | Dock items don't open after sleep »