New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

planning on buying an iMac, looking for any user feedback

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaycrew

Hey everybody, I'm planning on getting an iMac and was wondering if there were any sort of problems that show up specifically on iMac models? I was also wondering if any iMac owners could just provide some input on their experiences using the computer? Also, I read somewhere that after time the arm that holds the monitor kind of breaks down and causes the monitor to just sink instead of being able to stay up, anybody experience this? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
NaRO

Hi hi, I have a pretty old iMac and it has always worked well.

Just about buying one? Cool, they are so easy to use.
The only problem i now see is that sometimes the updates are pretty big and you need a fast internet conection to download them fast, besides that. pretty :d

I now run OSX, it's so neat !!! stylish (I love thos icons, so well done), stable, fully compatible with devices such as digital cameras, mp3 players, ext. hdd's, etc.. nya !!! Cool cool cool n____n
Greetings
QUOTE Thanks
londontown

hi Jaycrew

I recently bought a G4 iMac. I've had it a week and am very pleased with it so far!
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I don't ever remember hearing about the arms breaking or wearing out, but I'm sure that would be covered in the warranty also get the APP (Apple Protection Plan).

Which one are you going to get? 17" or 20"?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I too have an older iMac, and I love it. I would recommend one to just about anyone. No other computer is as stable or as easy to use as an iMac. Right now I am saving my pennies to buy a G4 17" one.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
jaycrew

Thanks for the responses everyone. The iMac is actually for my sister, I personally own a G4 iBook. I recently made the switch to macs in November and I haven't been more pleased with the performance of the computer. I've slowly become addicted to macs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with PowerMac G4 | sacrifice imac for emac? »