New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Dead Pixel Dread

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikeylee

mikeylee can only hope to improve

I have built my own PCs for the past 10 years but am on the everge of buying a Mac despite the chiding of many of my friends. I am looking to buy a BTO 20" or 24" with a couple gig of memory, upgraded video, wireless keyboard, and Applecare. BUT...I am terrified to the point of not being able to pull the trigger to make the purchase of DEAD PIXELS!!!

Any words of wisdom or encouragement or reality or whatever? :dummy:

Thanks,
Mikeylee
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeylee

Thanks,
Mikeylee
The reality is that NO manufacturer can guarantee that a display won't have any dead pixels. It happens. A couple stuck/dead pixels out of millions is perfectly acceptable as far as I am concerned.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeylee
I have built my own PCs for the past 10 years but am on the everge of buying a Mac despite the chiding of many of my friends. I am looking to buy a BTO 20" or 24" with a couple gig of memory, upgraded video, wireless keyboard, and Applecare. BUT...I am terrified to the point of not being able to pull the trigger to make the purchase of DEAD PIXELS!!!

Thanks,
Mikeylee

I have worried about the same thing... on monitors, televisions, etc. There is no need to worry. I honestly have NEVER actually seen a monitor with dead/stuck pixels. I know they're out there, I just don't think it is common enough to warrant any worry or hesitation to buy. IMO
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac and Airport | Where do you connect the power cable? »