Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    soul60s's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 14, 2006
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    59
    Specs:
    PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
    Question Which RAM is it?
    I have been all over websites for RAM for an Imac 24" intel (the new one) and I have come up with 200 and 240 pins. Some websites, when I plug in the type of computer, some say 200 some say 240, some say SODIMM some say SDRAM. I am so confused. The apple website doesn't say how many pins. Does anyone have the answer? :dummy:

  2. #2
    sursuciofla
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soul60s
    I have been all over websites for RAM for an Imac 24" intel (the new one) and I have come up with 200 and 240 pins. Some websites, when I plug in the type of computer, some say 200 some say 240, some say SODIMM some say SDRAM. I am so confused. The apple website doesn't say how many pins. Does anyone have the answer? :dummy:
    DDR2 (PC2-5300) SDRAM

    200-pin

    and yes needs to be SO-DIMM SDRAM

    You can max out @ 3 GBs...2GB stick in one slot, 1GB in the other.

  3. #3

    soul60s's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 14, 2006
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    59
    Specs:
    PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
    Quote Originally Posted by sursuciofla
    DDR2 (PC2-5300)

    SDRAM

    240-pin

    You can max out @ 3 GBs...2GB stick in one slot, 1GB in the other.
    Thank you so much. Too many conflicting sites.

  4. #4
    sursuciofla
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soul60s
    Thank you so much. Too many conflicting sites.
    It is really confusing because of Apple...they should be spanked!

    This is what you should look at. This corrects the info I gave before...

    http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...de-memory.html

  5. #5

    soul60s's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 14, 2006
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    59
    Specs:
    PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
    Quote Originally Posted by sursuciofla
    It is really confusing because of Apple...they should be spanked!

    This is what you should look at. This corrects the info I gave before...

    http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...de-memory.html
    So it takes the 200 pin then? I am confused. Does it say that you can use 200 pin with the SODIMM? I don't know the difference or understand the difference between SDRAM and SODIMM. Is SDRAM 240 pins and SODIMM 200?

  6. #6

    D3v1L80Y's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 02, 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,456
    Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by soul60s
    So it takes the 200 pin then? I am confused. Does it say that you can use 200 pin with the SODIMM? I don't know the difference or understand the difference between SDRAM and SODIMM. Is SDRAM 240 pins and SODIMM 200?
    Directing you back to your original thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    ....the correct RAM needed: 200 pin PC2 5300 SO-DIMM
    :black:
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=13

    Generally, SDRAM is desktop and SO-DIMM is notebook RAM.
    The iMacs use notebook components so the SO-DIMM is called for.
    __________________________________________________
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

    mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.


  7. #7

    soul60s's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 14, 2006
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    59
    Specs:
    PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    Directing you back to your original thread:
    :black:
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=13

    Generally, SDRAM is desktop and SO-DIMM is notebook RAM.
    The iMacs use notebook components so the SO-DIMM is called for.
    Okay, that makes sense but why does apple put in SDRAM when you upgrade the memory when purchasing the imac?
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...zqTM4Q/10.?p=0

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 11:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 08:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •