Thread: G4 Imac

weeshen
    Unhappy G4 Imac
    Hello everybody, I'm a newby to this forum and have a FAQ that I have searched the web and this forum for for hours. I have spent a rediculous amount of time on this thing and I know someone has to have an answer for me.

So the problem...

My IMAC with OS9 is giving me the oh so dreaded flashing ? and my problem is very simple...i have reset everything as i have read in many forums including this one and still nothing. I have all my disks but can NOT boot from any of them. The cd-rom seems to be running fine not making any weird noises of any sort but still does nothing at all. I AM pressing 'c' button as it boots and still i get the flashing ? Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions.

By the way, i don't have ANY friends or anyone that has external cd/dvd roms or a mac so I can't do any of that stuff.

G4 Imac

Quote Originally Posted by weeshen
    Hello everybody, I'm a newby to this forum and have a FAQ that I have searched the web and this forum for for hours. I have spent a rediculous amount of time on this thing and I know someone has to have an answer for me.

So the problem...

My IMAC with OS9 is giving me the oh so dreaded flashing ? and my problem is very simple...i have reset everything as i have read in many forums including this one and still nothing. I have all my disks but can NOT boot from any of them. The cd-rom seems to be running fine not making any weird noises of any sort but still does nothing at all. I AM pressing 'c' button as it boots and still i get the flashing ? Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions.

By the way, i don't have ANY friends or anyone that has external cd/dvd roms or a mac so I can't do any of that stuff.
    I searched around and found this write-up:

http://www.lowendmac.com/macdan/02/0916ek.html

weeshen
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse-8
    I searched around and found this write-up:

http://www.lowendmac.com/macdan/02/0916ek.html
    yeah i had seen that also...but not even that helped.

Thread Information