Speakers for iMac
    I used to have a pc but now I have an 24" Apple iMac and I have been left with my Logitech THX 5:1 Speakers. Is thre any way of getting these to work on my Apple iMac? maybe a connector or something that I can just plug into my iMac and can also plug the other end onto my speakers.

Any help is appreciated, Adam

Specs:
    20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am almost positive macs have the same audio inputs as PCs. I am pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem.

I am running Harmon/Kardon speakers that came with a Dell on my iMac no problem.

High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
    I use JBL creature II speakers. They will connect up to the Mac no problems.
    Unless you want to use the full 5.1 functionality of the speakers, in which case I am not sure how you would do so.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Which Logitech's are they? Some of the Logitech speakers have a Digital in. If so, the speaker jack on an iMac G5 or Intel iMac is both Analog and SPDIF Digital. If your speakers have that digital in, you get a cable and plug them in and you will get 5.1 Digital.

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Which Logitech 5.1 speakers? I had the Z-5300e's and I sold them because I needed some kind of USB soundcard to connect between the iMac and the speakers as they only have the 3 connector sub/center front rear connectors. If your speakers have a digital input you might be able to connect them to the iMac. I'm using the Creative i-Trigue 3400s now that I picked up for about $50 new at Futureshop. They were $82 off, so it was a pretty good deal. I don't need the 5.1 speakers for the iMac as I run the digital audio out to my home theatre when I watch movies (which I send to my TV as well). The creative speakers are just for music.

You may want to check out the Griffin Firewave if you only have analog inputs on the Logitech speakers.

Hockensmith
    Smile Logitech speakers
    Plug the green wire from the speakers into the headphone input on the iMac. I have the same speakers, they sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy-B0b
    I used to have a pc but now I have an 24" Apple iMac and I have been left with my Logitech THX 5:1 Speakers. Is thre any way of getting these to work on my Apple iMac? maybe a connector or something that I can just plug into my iMac and can also plug the other end onto my speakers.

Any help is appreciated, Adam

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
    if u really want surround sound from your mac, this will let you do it. i saw it in my macworld magazine just before i started surfing the forums. heres the link, http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/firewave/. i hope this helps! :headphone

BTW, the headphone jack accomplishes SPDIF via optical TOSLINK, so you will need a mini toslink adaptor to go this route.
    A wise man realizes that he too is a fool and then humbles himself to learn that which is greater than he.

Thread Information