New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Clear Side door?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I am wondering if there is a clear side door to replace the side door on the powermac/mac pro case. I like the inside of my quad and would really like to have it visible. Apple put so much hard work into making the inside of their computer really nice looking, and nobody can see it.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If you have the same system as I. I believe all you have to do is remove the metal cover and you should see a plastic cover. I think I remember reading that you can run it with out the metal cover, but not with out the plastic cover. Because the plastic cover is needed for air flow.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah, the larger apple retail store near us runs the powermac g5/mac pro with the side door taken off to show off the interior design of the case.
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Go on the internet and do a search for companys that do customizing work on computers. Lots of people pimp out their systems with water cooling and all kinds of fancy lights. Chances are good that one of them would have the clear plastic you would need to do the job on a Mac Pro. Maybe already drilled for it. If not just get a clear plastic sheet the proper size and drill your own holes. Nothing to it.

Almost any company that caters to overclockers would be likely to have what you are looking for and all kinds of lights, black lights, neon, etc...

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
SuB8HaVeN

SuB8HaVeN will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz

You can always get out the dremel and elbow grease and go at it...

12" Powerbook G4 1.5GHz/512MB/Superdrive/100GB Seagate Momentus 7200.1
PowerMac G3 B&W 350MHz/1GB/DVD-RW/Adaptec 39160 2X Seagate 36GB 15k RAID0
Dell E521 AMD X2 4600+/2GB/7600GT/320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new 24" imac - computer keeps talking in steven hawking voice?! | G4 MDD Frost Mod! »