Thread: Help Please!!!

westable
    Help Please!!!
    i would really appreciate any help. I have recently purchased a new imac intel core duo. I have downloaded a few programs to use. I downloaded msn messenger but it leaves an icon on the desktop that i do not want. it has left a messenger511.dmg icon and when i remove it the mac wont let me open msn messenger. I am also unable to hide or move the things. I really don't want these to clutter up my desktop.

Help Please!!!

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Help Please!!!
    Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    The installer puts a disk image file on your desktop and opens it. You have probably run it from this opened disk image (.dmg file). To install it permanently, simply drag the file to your Applications folder (available via the Finder window or via CMD+SHIFT+A). You can then close and discard the .dmg file and run your application from the Applications folder, or if you use it a lot, from the dock.

To add it to your dock, just drag the application file from your Applications folder to the dock. The icons there will magically move aside to make room. Release the mouse and you are done. You haven't actually moved or copied the file, just created an alias to it.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Thread Information