New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac G3 Screen Flickers Yellow

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

conformnow

Any idea what this could be? I'll probably take it in to a local apple shop and get it looked at because I'm guessing its a hardware issue..but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. The entire screen flickers yellow and occasionally it'll stick with a yellow hue over the screen for a while. I got it used so I'm not particularly concerned but any ideas would be appreciated.

Just got my Macbook hooked up with SynergyKM so I can control the mouse/keyboard of my iMac wirelessly..so it just looks like a big monitor sitting on my desk now and between two computers I only have two wires..both for power..which is nice
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

I believe red flickers can be caused by bad connections or cables--but you said the color is yellow. I believe there is a way to re-calibrate the color on your iMac. Not totally sure on the steps--but you should be able to check Apple support or Google it to see how to perform that operation.

Best of luck!

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
conformnow

Yeah I've already tried re-calibration..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What do you think? | Help Please!!! »