New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Digital Output

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skirmish

Recently got myself a 6.1 receiver to go with my iMac (21" iSight G5) but i'm having some trouble getting more than 2 channels from the digital output.
In audio/midi setup-> configure speaker -> multichannel, all of the options are greyed out except for stereo, and in audio/midi setup-> under Audio Output, (my options being 2ch-16 bit, 2ch-24 bit and Encoded Digital Audio) selecting Encoded Digital Audio makes the Default and System outputs in that panel switch to "none" and my receiver gets no stream at all. Any help appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
richardpike

richardpike is on a distinguished road

I sem to have exactly the same symptoms with my new Mac mini. Did you ever get a fix?
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I had no problems getting 5.1 channels out of my MBP. I just plugged an optical cable into the digital out and played video that had 5.1 channels of sound using iTunes. Worked like a charm. Not sure how the digital out works on the powerpc macs though...

shameless plug for my blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any way to add a track to an already imported cd | Glitching iTunes »