New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iSight Problem - iMac Core 2 Duo

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

millkim

So, I'm new to Macs, I just received my new iMac yesterday, and I can't get my iSight to work. I was getting a green screen in Photobooth, now it's a grey screen, and I'm getting a green screen when I open that "Mirror" wigget. If I open iMovie and import video from the iSight it works, but it won't work in the other two programs. I'm not trying to run the programs at the same time or anything like that, I'm really confused on why this isn't working.

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

That's not right. Something's wrong. Have you contacted Applecare? Doesn't sound like anything that can be fixed without sending it back. How about iChat? Open iChat and click your green camera icon at top of the Buddy List.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

iSight shouwl work fine from the start. Return this faulty unit.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
sugar

sugar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook White, 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter

hi, i have the same green screen at iSight camera, weirdo thing is that the cammera works good in bootcamp.Windows, (poor video quality but works!)

it use to work ok in mac os, im not sure if green screen appears after update from 10.4.6 to macos 10.4.7 of after run the bootcamp after macos upgrade...

why it works in windows and dont works at mac os?

thanks in advance..

Aldo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Interesting discovery with my iMac G5 revision A. | Mac Pro for HD and Video? (M$ convert) »