New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - someone help me my iMac G4 started acting weird...anyone know whats wrong??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CraigNB

CraigNB is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs

Alright it all started when i noticed a bit of dust under the "0" (zero) key on the number pad on the right hand side. I popped the zero off and swabbed the dust and replaced the zero. Now it seems whenever I hit a number key both on the number pad (right) or the nuber keys above my letter keys the computer seems to almost freeze up...Then I have to Apple+Option+Esc but nothing is not responding so I X it out and it is unfrozen...

ALSO

When I burn audio CDs the "burnt" area on the bottom where you can notice a lighter ring around the center where it was burnt there seems to be gaps of lighter then a thin dark then another block of light then another ring of dark etc etc and it will only play up into that first break usually the first 1 or 2 songs...but DVDs seem to burn fine, what gives?!

I'm assuming my burner is old and might need replacement which sucks but NO CLUE about the first problem but it really sucks...

anyone know?!?!?!

-CraigNB
QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

how old is your keyboard?
QUOTE Thanks
CraigNB

hmm 2 years old? just the standard apple keyboard

-CraigNB
QUOTE Thanks
CraigNB

thanks for all the help!

back to ilounge...

-CraigNB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Performance Shoot Out: 2.3GHz PowerMac vs. 2.33 GHz iMac | Can you replace the ATI Radeon X1600 in the intel 20" imac with the NVIDIA GeForce 76 »