New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Remote Control stopped working with iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPodJon120

iPodJon120 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone

My Remote Control for my Intel iMac stopped working today. I tried a second remote that I use for my iPod dock and that didn't work either. I tried switching the batteries but that didn't work either. I remember reading on here a way to pair your remote with your iMac but I can't seem to find that thread. Does anyone here know what might be the issue?

20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB HD 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM
80 GB 5.5G iPod
8 GB iPhone
QUOTE Thanks
iPodJon120

iPodJon120 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone

I fixed my own problem. I went into System Preferences, under Secuirty. Hit the "Unpair" button and re-paired my remote to my iMac by holding down Menu and Play/Pause for 5 seconds.

20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB HD 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM
80 GB 5.5G iPod
8 GB iPhone
QUOTE Thanks
runicles

runicles is on a distinguished road

I notice that you say that you have a remote for your ipod dock, is there any way of setting up my remote to control my ipod. do i need a receiver like an itrip or should it work automatically
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

This looks interesting http://www.iospirit.com/index.php?mo...949b56f8d7602c

Another thing is if you take one remote from one Mac to another they may be locked to the Mac they have be used on

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302549
QUOTE Thanks
runicles

runicles is on a distinguished road

Further to my earlier question re my remote controlling my ipod, i now realise that the ipod dock allows me to use play and ff rev functions on my ipod but there is no response to volume control or trying to scroll through lists. Can I set up the remote in some way to do these as well?
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Yes to Volume ... That should work mine does.

Scrolling in lists it can't do... or at least I don't know of a way

If you got the cash this looks great...http://www.everythingipod.com/produc...tarq=YES&max=1
QUOTE Thanks
Str8shvr

Str8shvr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" 2.93 i7 16 gigs ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodJon120 View Post
I fixed my own problem. I went into System Preferences, under Secuirty. Hit the "Unpair" button and re-paired my remote to my iMac by holding down Menu and Play/Pause for 5 seconds.
Thanks for the fix, worked for me also.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Search funtion problem using upper/lowercase on an iMac | Do you own 27-inch iMac? Has it had sleep problems? »