New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - eMac: Is 2gb ram true?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

I have heard many rumours that the emac can be pimped to have 2gb ram although apple cleary state it can only have 1, I have one gb but am starting to wonder wether I would need more when I start to do more hardcore studio work with the machine. I know the machine is quite powerful for what it is so I just need to know if there is anyway to make more powerful than it already is?

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

It depends on the eMac you have. True, Apple only officially states that 1 GB RAM is the max on all eMacs, but starting with the eMac (USB 2.0) models you could put up to 2 GB and it would be stable.

More info here:

http://www.lowendmac.com/imacs/emac2004.html

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

Oh wow I can get the kind of ram it says for dirt cheap, it's the same stuff I use on my PC. Cheers dude!

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with my Video | Canon Pixma iP5200 vs Epson R340 »