rgstrdnurse
    Seagate Hard Drive 300gig Question
    I recently purchased a Seagate 300gig hard drive. I redirected my ripped movies to be saved onto that internal secondary drive. Works fine for me on my sign on which is the administrator. But when I try to rip movies and save onto the sea gate drive it doesnt allow me to.. Is there something Im missing in settings or something? I can save regular files on the secondary drive but I just cant create folders.. What can I do? Thanks! :doctor:

Seagate Hard Drive 300gig  Question
    Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    How is the drive formatted?

It needs to be HFS+ or FAT32 for your OS to read/write.

You can find this out by opening the app called Disk Utility in your Apps/Utilites folder.
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Help me clear up some thing here. You said, that you can write to the drive using the administrator account. It appears that you can write to a folder that exist already, but can not create a new folder. Are you having a problem using the drive with another user account? If that is the case, you have a permisson problem. You will need to open up the permissons on the drive so that other users can write to the drive.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

rgstrdnurse
    Yeah, on the Administrator side, I can create folders and rip movies to folders on my seagate. On the Standard access i.e. guest or relative having regular access, I cannot rip movie from MTR to secondary drive ( seagate). So what I did was create a folder on desktop and dragged it to folder where I wanted it to be saved to. It then asked me for user name and password to authenticate and then was I allowed to rip movies to that file folder. I just thought there might of been any easier way to do that process...

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    It does appear tha you have a permission problem. Do a get info on the seagate hard disk (apple command i). At the bottom of the get info window you will see. Ownership & Permissions. Click the little twisty. Make sure the drive is read & write on all three Owner, Group, and Others. If they are grayed out, then click on the ignore ownership on this volume button. That should resolve your problem.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information