New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - external widescreen TV- help with resolution

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xenon Supra

Just hooked my Mac Mini up to my widescreen 30" RCA Scenium LCDX3022W - It is going through the DVI cable...The resolution of the TV is supposed to be like 1280x768. The mini will only offering output displays up to 1024x768, but it is supposed to output up to 1900x1200 from what i read.

How do i get it to recognize that my TV can handle above 1024x768?

I called apple but my phone support ran out a few days ago

Any help? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Xenon Supra

anyone have any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Xenon Supra

QUOTE Thanks
CEN7272

CEN7272 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini CD 1.66; 2GB RAM, 80GB HD

I hope you get a reply because I was about to do the same thing with my Samsung 30". I don't have DVI, only YpBpR but I was hoping to get an adapter to see how it looks, if it doesn't look good I'll just stick with my monitor.
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

What happens when you go into display preferences? You should get a window showing the current resolution set for the tv and other options to pick. I think there is also a detect display settings button which might want to try. Have you had a play around?

I wish I had a 30" widescreen TV!
QUOTE Thanks
i-VTEC

i-VTEC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+

Did you do any Upgrades/OSX...??? I had this problem when I had to use my 30" Panasonic HDTV (CRT, Direct View)...my Resolution became limited and had to Re-Install Tiger...it worked...!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacMiniNewbie

I'm using mine on a 52" Samsung DLP. I'm using VGA instead of DVI because the only DVI connector has DTV HD on it. When I initially booted after getting it home, this was what it was connected to. It recognized it by name and even created a profile for it.

You might want to try and use "Detect display" under System Settings>Display.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 iSight Wont Boot Tiger From DVD!! | First gen Imac G5 wont turn on... »