New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - imac macos 9.2 issue.......

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tgg

tgg is on a distinguished road

Ok i have a friend that has one of those older imacs that has 96mb ram its that aqua blue color, anyways they have comcast cable for internet and they use the defualt built in outlook express that comes with the mac os and all she uses the imac for is email and internet browsing.

Well the issue was or still is that when shes going through her inbox and deleting email or maybe even viewing them the os or more accurate outlook locks up it freezes the mouse still moves but nothing happens when clicking on anything she has to turn off the imac. well i dont know anything macs so i called a local mac store and see if they had a mac os 9.2.1 cd so i got one for 15 bucks and the cd label says hold down c to boot the cd well that didnt work. so at the desktop i saw the cd icon and open it up and ran the installer from there and i chose the option for clean install, well i gues these macs are diffirent than windows cause it looks like it still kept some files that they had already even though it supposely laid down a new mac os install. like even after setting up the internet and outlook setup wizard there prevoius email was still on the harddrive but she gets the same exact issue.

any1 know what could be the issue or is there really a way to format the c drive to really do a clean brand new install? thax...
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Sounds like an issue with Outlook I'd call Microsoft tech support and ask them about the version you have.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

In OS 9 and earlier, a clean install means that a new system folder is installed. The old system folder is replace with a new system folder.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sawtooth has slow ethernet? | How Do You Connect WD Hard Drives in G5 Quad »