New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Do you use the Wireless or Wired Keyboard and Mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Burton

Im getting an iMac in hopefully late may(as soon as my grades go up). I would like to know which is easier to use. The only thing i am worried about is that the iMac only has three usb ports. I am also going to need a printer because my printer that I used with my PC isnt compatible with a Mac OS. If the wireless is as hard to use as people tell me i will probably get the wired mouse. Please put in your two cents, it is much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i have a wired. it takes one usb and adds 2 unpowered usb. a bluetooth keyboard might not be so bad. you can always get a cheap usb hub too.

QUOTE Thanks
Burton

fearless does the wired work well?? does the mighty mouse's left and right click work well? that might be the selling point for me being a switcher from pc and all but on the wireless all you have to do is hold ctrl and left click to right click right? Or is there a two click option on the wireless? Also the scroll ball might be a selling point also. is it that big of a pain to just click on the window and scroll?
QUOTE Thanks
Beemer

Beemer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel 20" Mac

I have wireless. I love wireless. But just be prewarned its an endless spender of money. They require the e2 lithium batteries which are about $10 for 4...it can add up. But they do last a long time.

So if you have the extra money get wireless.
QUOTE Thanks
ditalush

My Mighty Mouse in in hibernation since using a regular 2 button click mouse is soo much easier! There both wired as I've had problems before with wireless accessories. Safe bet
QUOTE Thanks
opium43

I use wired. I had wireless on my PC and didn't like it that much - especially seeing as wired is as good since i just compute on the desk.
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

I don't think the Mighty Mouse is available wireless, just the "old" one button Mac mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

I use the wireless kb & mouse because I hate clutter. Having said that the one thing I miss with the wired mouse is the scroll wheel/ball.
QUOTE Thanks
runicles

runicles is on a distinguished road

I am having problems with my wireless mighty mouse, I can scroll up using the tracker ball but the down movement seems to have disappeared and there does not seem to be any way of opening up the mouse to clean out the tracks which there used to be on other wireless mice, any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
Lips2000

Lips2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by runicles View Post
I am having problems with my wireless mighty mouse, I can scroll up using the tracker ball but the down movement seems to have disappeared and there does not seem to be any way of opening up the mouse to clean out the tracks which there used to be on other wireless mice, any advice?
The answer you seek is here: How to clean your Mighty Mouse

As an aside: I purchased a pack of alcohol wipes (think "Wet Ones" but soaked in isopropyl alcohol) just to clean my trackball. Works great.

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
Chilbear

Chilbear is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5

we have two iMacs and have both - wireless and mine is wired. I prefer the wired keyboard because I use the USB port for a key. I have a logitech wireless mouse that is rechargeable as explained earlier the wireless Mighty eats batteries.
QUOTE Thanks
kevindryer39

kevindryer39 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo / 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 80GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilbear View Post
I have a logitech wireless mouse that is rechargeable as explained earlier the wireless Mighty eats batteries.
When I was using my wireless Mighty, I found that Energizer Lithium e-squared batteries had a 100% better lifetime than regular batteries. Well worth the extra buck or 2 for the extra life.

(For the record, I now use a Razor gaming mouse which I love)

"I have nothing to say of my working life, only that a [neck]tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if hes not careful."
--Yann Martel, Life of Pi
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

1. Get a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse.
2. Get a USB hub if you have lots of USB to input into the comp.

Just the bluetooth will free up a USB. But.... The wired will also use one. But then replace that used one with one that is built into the keyboard.

Usb hub sounds like the best option as of right now.

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVI cable | Best use for an old iMac! »