New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Identifying HD in 700MHZ iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

noahsmom

I purchased a used Graphite 700MHZ (summer 2001) iMac. It's supposed to have a 60GB HD. That's all that was available for the 700MHZ Graphite. After I installed 10.3 (to match my eMac) I noticed the "specs" in "About this Mac," say 20GB HD! I never knew how to find this information on 10.1. How can this be? Is there a way to tell if it was replaced at one time? Maybe by the serial #? It had very, very little use, so I find that unlikey though, plus why for a smaller HD anyway?

Noahsmom
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

You're right that this model had a 60 gb HD when new. As you speculate it could have had a disk failure and been repaired, maybe with available parts. It's also possible that the seller wanted to keep the larger disk so he swapped it for a smaller one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Imac + iLife | Dual Core 2.3 or Dual Proc 2.7 G5 »