Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
    What is the Fastest Powermac G4?
    Just like the question asks what is the fastest Powermanc G4 you've seen. I'm interested in getting one as I've seen up to speeds of up 1.7Ghz Dual processor. Or if anyone has a modified G4 could they show us some pics.
    Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    it looks like you can get one after upgrades to a dual 1.8 ghz processor. but after the initial price of the computer, and then the upgrades and then ram etc. you might as well buy a used dual 2ghz G5 for just a bit more

-chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

lil
    Either the Dual 2.0 7447A based upgrade from Giga Designs with 512KB L2 cache per processor; or the Dual 1.4GHz PowerMac G4 from Apple or PowerLogix based on the 7455 G4, 256KB L2 per CPU and 2MB L3 per CPU.

On some apps the dual 2GHz 7447As will be faster, on others the dual 7455 systems will be.

I own the dual 1.8GHz upgrade from Sonnet and it makes this PowerMac G4 Digital audio scream along!

Vicky

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by lil
    Either the Dual 2.0 7447A based upgrade from Giga Designs with 512KB L2 cache per processor; or the Dual 1.4GHz PowerMac G4 from Apple or PowerLogix based on the 7455 G4, 256KB L2 per CPU and 2MB L3 per CPU.

On some apps the dual 2GHz 7447As will be faster, on others the dual 7455 systems will be.

I own the dual 1.8GHz upgrade from Sonnet and it makes this PowerMac G4 Digital audio scream along!

Vicky
    Thats cool, I'm looking at the Powermac G4 MDD or the FW800 as I love the design. Does anyone know of a place in the UK thats sells modified Powermac G4s?
    Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids

lil
    I don't personally (will reply to your priv message in due course)—although I can be available myself to do these upgrades as it were (I live near Brighton) as I have experience from working in an AppleCentre and generally being too much of a Mac geek :flower:

That said, the Graphite G4s and MDD G4s were beautiful designs; not overly keen on the Quicksilver myself.

That said apart from the front side bus speed; anything from the Digital Audio G4s can be brought up to the mirror drive door drive spec more or less; though it can potentially come at a cost...

Vicky

Specs:
    12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
    Vicky could you post up or PM me where you got your CPU upgrade from if you dont mind i have an 800Mhz Quicksilver on its way to me soon for £50 so i can afford to splash out on it a little :p

Apple, think different

lil
    Consider it done :flower:

£50 is an awesome price for a Quicksilver.

I paid a bit more for my Digital Audio G4 but it was mint, had 1GB RAM and other niceties such as the keyboard and mouse; though £50 is a stonkingly good price!

Vicky

Specs:
    MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by randomfactor
    Thats cool, I'm looking at the Powermac G4 MDD or the FW800 as I love the design. Does anyone know of a place in the UK thats sells modified Powermac G4s?
    Daystar www.4daystar.com (USA) sells modified powermacs, but I don't know if they ship to UK or not. Its probably cheaper to get a cheap used PM and upgrade it yourself though.

Thread Information