New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mini-DVI to HDMI Doesn't Work With HDTV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheBrandon4466

TheBrandon4466 is on a distinguished road

I bought a Mini-DVI to HDMI Adapter to connect my iMac (Early 2008) to my HDTV. I have tried all ways of connecting the cords (ie. Plug HDMI cable into adapter first, then into computer. etc.) but to no success. It displays a "No signal" screen on my TV and my iMac doesn't realize that anything changed, even when I click on "Detect Display's".

Here is the products I have
Adapter:
Part #: VF-DVI-MINI-HDM-CBLE-APT-C12
Model #: DOTHMNIDVI03
Amazon Link: Amazon.com: Mini DVI to HDMI Male / Female Cable Adapter, 5 inch White: Electronics

iMac:
Early 2008
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Everymac Link: iMac "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 20-Inch (Early 2008) Specs (Early 2008, MB323LL/A, iMac8,1, A1224, 2210) @ EveryMac.com
Apple Support Link (Left one in chart): iMac "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 20-Inch (Early 2008) Specs (Early 2008, MB323LL/A, iMac8,1, A1224, 2210) @ EveryMac.com

HDTV:
LG 32LH250H-UB
LG Link: http://www.lg.com/us/commercial/larg...vs/lg-32LH250H

I am currently staying in a hotel so I only have there TV to test, I do not know if it is the TV's problem. My HDTV at home is a Samsung (Don't know the product #) but IDK if the TV is the problem or not.

Thanks Mac Forums,
Brandon
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

There is no way to tell where the fault lies without having a 2nd set of known working adapters/cables or trying it on a 2nd TV.

In my experience, the most likely are:
the adapter/cable you have is not fully plugged in
the adapter is not functioning

And the HDMI cable should be rated as a "high-speed" HDMI cable.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bonehead MAC Manuever | Migration problem »