New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mail failure

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brucerx

brucerx is on a distinguished road

I can read but can't send thru mail icon: server cannot be contacted on default ports
QUOTE Thanks
GrannySueSnaps

GrannySueSnaps is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina

it sounds like the outgoing mail port settings aren't correct. What type of mail account do you have? gmail, etc

GrannySueSnaps
Sue Stinnett
http://grannysuesnaps.photos
QUOTE Thanks
brucerx

brucerx is on a distinguished road

I have actts with gmail and yahoo. They work fine if I log into Safari, but not when using the eagle mail icon. i should add that I can read the mails fine, just can't send.
QUOTE Thanks
GrannySueSnaps

GrannySueSnaps is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina

I have a Yahoo account due to having bellsouth.net email address. Anytime i have to set it up on a new device it takes forever to find the correct settings. This last time i was getting messages but couldn't send.
I would suggest you search to see if the port settings may have been changed by your provider.

GrannySueSnaps
Sue Stinnett
http://grannysuesnaps.photos
QUOTE Thanks
propita

propita is on a distinguished road

I know I'm a month later, but what do I do for a port search, and what do I do afterwards?

I have related issues with yahoo mail on various apple products (iMac, mactop, iPads, iPhones). I can log in through safari, but I have "password" problems where suddenly I need an app password, and even with that, the problem re-arises.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by propita View Post
I know I'm a month later, but what do I do for a port search, and what do I do afterwards?

I have related issues with yahoo mail on various apple products (iMac, mactop, iPads, iPhones). I can log in through safari, but I have "password" problems where suddenly I need an app password, and even with that, the problem re-arises.
Hi Propita - I would suggest starting a new thread since you likely will not receive much attention, if any, by hijacking another older thread. Also, please provide more specific information about your situation: 1) Mail accounts (Yahoo is mentioned - any others); 2) Problems experienced w/ mail (incoming, outgoing, both); and 3) More thorough description of your 'password' issues. Dave
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac freezing | ssd in mac pro desktop »