need advice on the fusion setups
    Hi guys:

i hv this question thats bothering me for a long time. i want to get an iMac for our house, i would use it for entertainment and gaming while my wife occasionally does her photo re-touch with adobe in OSX. I want both speed and capacity on both systems, however i can only install windows on the HDD with boot camp. which will b slow in windoes. so i come up with this solution:

1. disable the fusion logic volume, hv the drives separated to the ssd and hdd. split both drives into 2 partitions. lets call them ssd1 ssd2 and hdd1 and hdd2.

2. and then i was thinking combining SSD1 and HDD1 to a new logic fusion drive and install OSX on it. and then use boot camp to install windows on partition SSD2 and use HDD2 for storage. so that i get both speed and capacity on both system. has any1 done that b4? or is that even possible to do? or if any1 got a better solution for it?

Or should i just disable the fusion setup and split the SSD to 2 partitions then install both systems on SSD and keep the whole HDD for storage?

you suggestions and thought will b much appreciated.

The Republic of Neptune
    I would split the SSD into 2 partitions and leave the HDD as one for data. My 2010 iMac has an SSD in place and an HDD. I use the HDD for media and some other space-consuming data (like iOS backups). If the HDD will be hosting data for OS X and Windows, format it for the Mac and get a Windows driver to read/write to it. Or split it also and format accordingly if the 2 operating systems won't be sharing data.

Thread Information