Mac Mini - unlisted dimensions
    I'm thinking very much about buying a Mac Mini, but first I want to mock up a rack mounting cradle in a CAD program to see if it'll suit the space I have available.

Can anybody give me the height of a Mac Mini - not the overall height, but the thickness of the main enclosure (top side to underside).

Also, can anybody confirm the corner radius of the enclosure is 24mm?

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Look at the first section: Apple - Mac mini - Technical Specifications

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thanks, I've found those specs, but not the measurements i'm after. I'll try describing with pictures.

In this first pic, i'm chasing the height of the red line - from the top of the main enclosure to the bottom of the main enclosure right at the side. I think Apple specs are describing the overall height, as indicated by the green line.

As for the radius dimension. I found a random site that suggests the corner curves are of 24mm radius. If anyone knows how to measure a radius to confirm this I would be much appreciative of your efforts, otherwise i'll take the info I found as gospel.

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Could you not put say this image into a CAD setup, give it 2-3 dimensions, and then let it do the rest for you, to get the inside measurements ?? Im only asking, because I know CAD is a big Data cruncher, and I would think they would have some sort of tool like that ?? No ??

I did find this CAD Drawing of a Mac Mini so will that help ?? Apple Mac mini 2011 - SOLIDWORKS, STEP / IGES, STL, Other - 3D CAD model - GrabCAD

Or his updated version . . . . .
    Last edited by TattooedMac; 06-11-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information