New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Missing Photos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shane29

Shane29 is on a distinguished road

Iphoto cannot detect hundreds of my pictures.
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

iphoto cannot detect hundreds of my photos
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Sorry to hear that. If you're looking for help, you're going to have to provide some information, not just report a problem. Vital statistics, ya know, like software versions, your computer... Also, have you downloaded or installed anything new?
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

It says, "necessary data reference could not be resolved" or a grey exclamation point
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

Yes sorry! I had just written this a thousand times already and I was sick of trying to explain it again. I had just gotten a wd passport and backed up my photos and updated my mac desktop.
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

I've tried retrieving them from my back up and rebuilding my library. Neither worked.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I've merged your posts into a single thread. Please don't cross post or make multiple posts on the same subject

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

I've tried rebuilding my library and retrieving from my back up.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Moved your second set of posts.

Please don't start a new thread every time you post. At the bottom of the thread you will see buttons allowing you to reply within the thread. This helps maintain continuity so we would appreciate if you used this feature.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

I've been pressing, "post reply". So I'm not sure what you're talking about. I made two threads on accident, holy, relax.
QUOTE Thanks
Shane29

You seem to be taking the time to tell me what not to do, but not trying to help me fix my problem.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane29 View Post
You seem to be taking the time to tell me what not to do, but not trying to help me fix my problem.
We are a community of volunteers, not paid IT support.

One of my responsibilities is to facilitate communication, and we do that in part by maintaining a reasonable structure to threads. I do not have the time or inclination to try to answer every request for help.

You seem to be getting a bit of an attitude, though I have not been critical or even given you a warning or alert for Cross Posting Violation.

I suggest you take the advice I have given in the spirit in which it was intended, otherwise you can look elsewhere for assistance.

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

You might try this

Download iPhoto Extractor for Mac - Extracts photos from iPhoto library. MacUpdate.com

I've never used it, but have used Sonic Sifter (a paid APP) to extract photos from Aperture and iPhoto

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Layering and Advanced Editing of Photos | Desktop goes black »