Thread: Missing Photos

Missing Photos
    Iphoto cannot detect hundreds of my pictures.

missing pictures
    iphoto cannot detect hundreds of my photos

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Sorry to hear that. If you're looking for help, you're going to have to provide some information, not just report a problem. Vital statistics, ya know, like software versions, your computer... Also, have you downloaded or installed anything new?

It says, "necessary data reference could not be resolved" or a grey exclamation point

Yes sorry! I had just written this a thousand times already and I was sick of trying to explain it again. I had just gotten a wd passport and backed up my photos and updated my mac desktop.

I've tried retrieving them from my back up and rebuilding my library. Neither worked.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I've merged your posts into a single thread. Please don't cross post or make multiple posts on the same subject
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

I've tried rebuilding my library and retrieving from my back up.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Moved your second set of posts.

Please don't start a new thread every time you post. At the bottom of the thread you will see buttons allowing you to reply within the thread. This helps maintain continuity so we would appreciate if you used this feature.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

I've been pressing, "post reply". So I'm not sure what you're talking about. I made two threads on accident, holy, relax.

You seem to be taking the time to tell me what not to do, but not trying to help me fix my problem.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane29 View Post
    You seem to be taking the time to tell me what not to do, but not trying to help me fix my problem.
    We are a community of volunteers, not paid IT support.

One of my responsibilities is to facilitate communication, and we do that in part by maintaining a reasonable structure to threads. I do not have the time or inclination to try to answer every request for help.

You seem to be getting a bit of an attitude, though I have not been critical or even given you a warning or alert for Cross Posting Violation.

I suggest you take the advice I have given in the spirit in which it was intended, otherwise you can look elsewhere for assistance.

Specs:
    You might try this

Download iPhoto Extractor for Mac - Extracts photos from iPhoto library. MacUpdate.com

I've never used it, but have used Sonic Sifter (a paid APP) to extract photos from Aperture and iPhoto

Thread Information