New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Need help with Mac Mini mid 2011

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

legio

legio is on a distinguished road

Hi there guys,
recently I just decided to try to bootcamp my system. The first time I decided to do it, I downloaded Windows Support Software and did the installation. However, when I got to the hard drive part after trying to install Windows, it asked me which hard drive to partition it on. I drive the bootcamp one and formatted it and tried to click on next. However, there was a problem that it could not format the partition or something like that. I searched it up and apparently I had to do it again except this time remove all hard drives. I tried it again and got to the bootcamp again. However, when I tried to restart the computer with the hard drive for bootcamp inside it, it says no system disk, enter key. I tried entering any key but it did not work. I searched it up online and found out that I needed to unplug the hard drive. I unplugged it and restarted the computer. Now, it says no disk for upgrading or something and I have to reinsert it. Please help! I've tried restarting it several times but it always shows up this two messages depending on the hard drive and is it plugged in or not. By they way guys, the Mac Mini has another hard drive inside it. I tried holding the option key and cmd-r but they both don't work. Please help!
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

I'd try resetting parameter ram - command-option-p-r at startup until you hear a repeat gong sound.
The "no option menu" doesn't sound good...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX Mavericks | blank screen »