New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Draw an arrow

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bolsen187

bolsen187 is on a distinguished road

Did I get a utility on my IMac that will allow me to take an image, draw an arrow on it.add text in a box? If not is there an ultra simple app that will allow me to do this?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Preview will let you annotate a picture and put text and arrows on it. Click on the toolbar icon that looks like a pencil inside of a box to start annotating.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
bolsen187

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
bolsen187

I have successfully added a thought bubble which solves my problem. Why can't I find the "Arrow" in the drop down tool box? I find rectangle, oval, and line but no arrow as per the preview help note.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

When you've selected the line tool, click the toolbar item for line thickness (furthest to the right). You will be able to select the arrow in there.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
bolsen187

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
bolsen187

Why does drop down box have highlite and underline grayed out and how do I turn on these functions?

Last edited by bolsen187; 04-21-2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

You can only perform those functions if there's text in the document.

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
bolsen187

The light was on but nobody was home. The article I scanned turned into a jpeg so the text wasn't text. I think the easiest thing to do is buy a hi liter and use it before I scan. Thanks for the jumpstart my brain was in neutral.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with my Apple Cinema Display 24"? | Should I be worried? »